Do you have WordPress CMS experience and an hour or two a week to spare to help the Hub?
We’re looking for someone to take over the running and updating our our website. Mostly this involves a weekly update of our activities, but we’d love someone to be able to help us implement a new design too. If you think you might be able to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urgently need volunteers to help us run the hub and provide a good service to our ever-increasing number of users. This is particularly important in the cafe, especially now it is good weather and the holidays will soon be upon us.
If you have 4 hours to spare once or twice a week, especially at weekends, then please contact email@example.com or ring 020 8885 5684. You dont need any particular experience as you will be trainedand could learn new and useful skills. It can be hard work but it can also be fun.
We are looking for community minded people to apply for 3 exciting vacancies at Lordship Hub.
1. Office Admin and Fundraiser 20hrs pw
2. Volunteer and Training Coordinator 20hrs pw
3. Building Supervisor 6hrs pw
For more information see: lordshiphub.org.uk/membership/join-and-support/join-our-team/
Our 2 fantastic friends, Belvin and Isaac, succeeded in finishing their first ever marathon, running for Lordship Hub. Please think about thanking them and supporting the Hub by donating to their Hub Marathon Fund.
Grant from Power to Change for Hub building improvement works
We recently were successful in obtaining a grant to improve some areas of Lordship Hub. The works will take place between the last part of May and the beginning of June so there may be some closures of parts of the Hub while they are going on. We are trying organise the works to keep closures and class cancellations to the minimum so it is best to keep an eye on the what’s on page of our website regularly to see if there have been any changes to classes or if the cafe is closed.
We hope the improvements have a big impact on the functionality of the building and also on the look of the hiring rooms.
- We are having bespoke storage areas put in both of the class/hiring rooms so that there will no longer be any clutter around in the rooms as there is now. Most things will be able to be neatly put away behind cupboard doors.
- The kitchen units in both rooms will be upgraded
- The storage area in the larger room will have mirrors on the outside so this will aid with classes and also make the room lighter and more attractive.
- We are having the cafe serving and cooking area extended so that the space can be used more efficiently and easily. There will be much more space for preparation of food and storage. The serving area will move up towards the door and be out of the way of the food preparation area. We hope this will streamline things.
- We are having the concrete ramp onto the cafe terrace redone so it is more user friendly and attractive.
- We will be putting a glass panel with sliding doors in the wall between the office and the foyer. This will display office opening hours on it and will enable people to speak to office staff more easily at these times. It will also make the office lighter and enable staff to see who is coming and going and add to security.
The Hub is having to provide some of our own funds as match funding for this grant so that is why we have 2 park users running the London Marathon for us on April 28th. You can see details about how you can sponsor them and support the Hub’s refurbishment on this website under Marathon Donations in the main menu. Thankyou
Lordship Hub, 3.30pm on Sunday April 14th
Consultation on the future of the old wooden adventure playground site in Lordship Rec.
All welcome with your ideas and suggestions. The meeting is run by the Lordship Sports and Activities Consortium (LSAC) and Friends of Lordship Rec and is just the beginning of forming a plan for the area that suits as many people as possible. Funding will then have to be found to carry out the finally agreed and designed plan, so it is no quick solution. Please come along and be a part of it.
We need to raise £6000 as match funding for a grant we have been awarded for much needed building improvements that will make the Hub a much more functional space. To raise this figure we have 2 people running the London Marathon for the Hub. On April 7th, we held a successful event to help raise awareness and sponsorship. Despite unpleasant weather, lots of people took part in our marathon runners’ exercise session and enjoyed a sociable 5K sponsored walk round the Rec. We also provided a soft play area for toddlers which was a great hit. So far we have only raised under £2000 so please think about sponsoring our runners before April 28th, both to encourage them, and to support the Hub that receives no Council or external funding for our running costs which are substantial. Thankyou from all at the Hub..
Please print out this sponsorship form and use it to collect sponsorship from friends and family if you wish to participate in the fun 5k walk. Thankyou!
On 7th April we will be holding a Fun 5K sponsored walk round and round Lordship Rec to support our 2 Hub Marathon Runners raising money to sustain Lordship Hub. Get family and friends to sponsor you (minimum total £5). Registration starts at 9.30am at the Hub
and the walk starts at 11am. At 10am, our 2 marathon runners (both sports professionals) will run a special workshop on how to prepare for running and exercise. There will be other fun attractions and a very special raffle. Contact Val@lordshiphub.org.uk for more information. Thank you!