Lordship Hub Co-op is urgently seeking a new Treasurer as the previous person has a new, very demanding job and can no longer continue. Please see our job description and decide if you or anyone you know may be interested. Many thanks
Treasurer, Lordship Hub Co-operative
Who we are
Lordship Hub, in Tottenham, is a community Centre with a café and rooms for hire for classes, parties and events. We run on co-operative principles with 9 part time staff and around 40 regular volunteers which includes the Hub Board.
We have been closed during Covid emergency and have only just reopened as a purely takeaway establishment and our more lucrative hiring business has had to be put on hold until people can, and want to, meet in any larger groups. We have just completed a very successful crowdfunding campaign which raised over £31000, mostly from loyal customers and users, which has been a very heartwarming experience for all of us at the Hub.
This is a really exciting time to join our board. We want to honour the love and respect that we have been shown by our community during the crowdfunding campaign and use it to help create a stronger and more purposeful business model.
To be a central part of the governing team, understanding and keeping the board informed and instructed in all financial matters regarding the Hub. It is a voluntary situation but will need commitment and where possible, attendance at board meetings which happen once a month, usually on a Sunday morning 10.30-12.30.
Our treasurer needs to
· be familiar with Quickbooks
· maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs and ensure its financial viability
· Ensure that proper and legal financial records and procedures are maintained .
· provide the board with financial statements, forecasts and cashflow information on a regular basis for discussion at monthly board meetings.
· work closely with the Hub’s finance officer/bookeeper and our Accountant, to ensure the maintenance of proper financial records which will support the board in strategic decision making.
· monitor and maintain the finance policy of the organisation.
· help to develop realistic budgets to help the organisation run at a profit.
· Support and monitor grant funding in collaboration with our fundraiser and bookeeper
· an understanding and knowledge of Co-operative principles is preferable but training will be given.
If you are interested in being a part of our vital community facility and want to get more information about Lordship Hub and the Co-op and what the post will entail, then please email email@example.com . Someone will contact you to arrange a proper chat. Thanks