Saturday 1 October 1 to 4pm in The Hub
Keen to learn how to update a tired looking piece of furniture? Thinking of throwing away a household item you no longer use? Then come along to our Repair, Reuse and Upcycle event in Haringey and learn the tricks of the trade for turning tired tables into trendy talking points!
Repairing, reusing and upcycling what we already have can create beautiful, unique pieces of furniture and furnishings. A simple change can make a huge difference: by reducing waste, saving money and helping the environment.
As part of a series of events being delivered by NLWA, we will have FREE workshops and demonstrations offering a chance to learn new skills and techniques to repair, reuse, upcycle and breathe life into your cherished possessions.
For more information and to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/free-repair-reuse-and-upcycling-event-meet-the-expertsattend-workshops-tickets-416603110117?aff=erelexpmlt
1PM – 2PM – Furniture Reupholstering Demo – Learn how to reinvent your furniture by reupholstering, with Chris.
2.15PM – 3.15PM – Furniture Upcycling with Paint Demonstration – Learn to upcycle and redecorate your furniture with Chris
3.30PM – 4PM – ‘How to fix things’ with Chris from Haringey Fixers – Learn the basic principles of how to approach a problem when something is broken and you want to fix it, with Chris from Haringey Fixers, a Lordship Hub regular!
Activities taking place throughout the event, from 1-3PM:
• Recycled Plastic Bags to Pots and Coasters Workshop – Learn how to make mugs and coasters from plastic bags with Cecilia.
• Macramé Workshop – Learn how to upcycle old fabric into a macramé coaster or placemat with Isabelle Wolf, local resident and founder of Follow The Thread! This is a family-friendly activity and drop-in. Note: children will need to be supervised by parents or carers.
• Recycled Fabric Weaving Workshop – Learn how to make weavings and wall hangings from recycled fabric with ReWorked Camden.
• Furniture Repair Advice Drop-in – Get advice from the experts from LOOP on how to repair your furniture at home. Bring along any pictures or small items of furniture!
• Waste Card Making Workshop – Give weaving a go to create wall hangings from recycled fabric with ReWorked Camden.
Local exhibitions from: • Bright Sparks • ReNew, by Alison Sharp • Follow The Thread, by Isabelle Wolf • Chris, Local Upholsterer • ReWorked Camden