On Tuesday 20th August around 20 people took part in a special meeting to discuss how the Lordship Rec Hub can better support the community, and the community can better support the Hub.
As an introduction it was explained that, after five years of successful operation of this community facility, a new era for the Hub was dawning since the signing in March of a 25-year lease.
There followed a highly focussed and constructive discussion in which concerns were aired, questions asked, praise was articulated, and ideas floated. For example:
- ensure private parties don’t get too noisy, and cars dont park in the Rec (unless authorised to drop off things for an event)
- a call for people to come forward to organise a wider range of activities, eg with environmental themes, or after-school clubs etc
- publicise the Hub and its activities widely
Then we discussed how people can help the Hub. For example:
- sign up for the weekly email updates and forward to friends etc, and join in our facebook page
- become a member of the co-op and get actively involved in the decision-making
- become a volunteer and contribute time and skills to the various parts of the operation (eg work in the cafe, help fundraise, distribute the monthly programme flyers, help organise events etc.).
For more info, please come and browse the Hub’s info table, drop by the office to speak to staff and activists there, or check our website.