Who we are
The Lordship Hub Co-op is a social enterprise which was set up in October 2013 to run a cafe and community centre in Lordship Recreation Ground. Our aims are for Lordship Hub to be community-owned and a sustainable social space for local people to benefit from and enjoy.
The Lordship Hub Co-op has a volunteer Board of Directors that was elected at its first Annual General Meeting in January 2014. Board meetings generally take place on a monthly basis in the Hub, Sundays, and are open to all. Look at Whats On for dates.
Our plans for the Eco-Hub
The LREH Co-op plans to employ more paid members of staff to run the building in partnership with local volunteers. Full details can be found in our business plan on our website.
Highlights of the building include:
- A cafe providing hot and cold drinks and nutritious food at reasonable prices
- A range of rooms for hire for events, community activities and meetings
- A well-maintained public toilet facility for park users
- A home for the various Lordship Rec user groups and their activities
Why the Co-op needs you
The Co-op needs an active, vibrant and diverse membership to achieve its vision for the Lordship Hub, Lordship Rec and the community in general. We believe that Lordship Hub is an opportunity to harness the positive energy and enthusiasm in the local community, and fully realise the potential of Lordship Rec.
So we need your support – be it time, money, or energy (or all three…) to turn the Hub into a vibrant and welcoming community space.
Other ways to get involved
- Become a member of the Co-op. Membership costs £5 per year and then you can vote on issues re the future of the Hub.
- Donate to help the Co-op be sustainable:
- £50 will help to buy better café equipment.
- £100 will support our work with volunteers and groups.
- £500 will help us promote the hub with leaflets, posters and banners.
- £1000 will help us improve the fabric of the building and make it more accessible.
- Come along to one of our general meetings to find out more about the Co-op and Eco-Hub, details of the next meeting are on www.lordshiphub.org.uk
The LREH Co-op has the following core values:
- Being inclusive – we are stronger and can achieve more positive change for the local area by involving more people, embracing diversity and valuing difference
- Protecting our local environment – being responsible about our impact on the environment and actively promoting environmental sustainability
- Respecting co-operative principles e.g. democratic and equal participation – all members have an equal say in decisions (one member: one vote), and membership is open to all without discrimination
- Promoting community empowerment – enriching the lives of the community through access to information and education, ownership of a shared resource and opportunities for social interaction