Grant from Power to Change for Hub building improvement works
We recently were successful in obtaining a grant to improve some areas of Lordship Hub. The works will take place between the last part of May and the beginning of June so there may be some closures of parts of the Hub while they are going on. We are trying organise the works to keep closures and class cancellations to the minimum so it is best to keep an eye on the what’s on page of our website regularly to see if there have been any changes to classes or if the cafe is closed.
We hope the improvements have a big impact on the functionality of the building and also on the look of the hiring rooms.
- We are having bespoke storage areas put in both of the class/hiring rooms so that there will no longer be any clutter around in the rooms as there is now. Most things will be able to be neatly put away behind cupboard doors.
- The kitchen units in both rooms will be upgraded
- The storage area in the larger room will have mirrors on the outside so this will aid with classes and also make the room lighter and more attractive.
- We are having the cafe serving and cooking area extended so that the space can be used more efficiently and easily. There will be much more space for preparation of food and storage. The serving area will move up towards the door and be out of the way of the food preparation area. We hope this will streamline things.
- We are having the concrete ramp onto the cafe terrace redone so it is more user friendly and attractive.
- We will be putting a glass panel with sliding doors in the wall between the office and the foyer. This will display office opening hours on it and will enable people to speak to office staff more easily at these times. It will also make the office lighter and enable staff to see who is coming and going and add to security.
The Hub is having to provide some of our own funds as match funding for this grant so that is why we have 2 park users running the London Marathon for us on April 28th. You can see details about how you can sponsor them and support the Hub’s refurbishment on this website under Marathon Donations in the main menu. Thankyou