About this event:
Turning your natural building dream into a reality
20 February 2020
With Barbara Jones, author of the best-selling manual Building with Straw Bales and Eileen Sutherland, co-director of the School of Natural Building and straw bale builder.
This popular workshop focuses on the project management of your building project, teaching the techniques you need to bring in your project on quality, on budget, on time. We’ll also be covering hot topics such as Green Mortgages and Community Land Trusts.
We will be explaining the following essentials:
- How to meet Planning & Building Regulations
- How to manage all stages of the build, the money and the resources.
- Learning from one of our own straw bale build case studies
- How to obtain Green Mortgages & Insurance
- The increasing importance of Community Land Trusts and Co-housing
By the end of this jam packed day, you will have your own Straw Bale Build Manual, which will be invaluable when managing your project.
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch or use the restaurant facilities downstairs from the training room. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
Cost: £75.00 (Early Bird offer of £100 for two people, if you book 3 weeks before the course date)
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org